Monday, May 17, 2010

My testers = rock stars

I've said it before, but I'll say it again--I love interacting with the Ravelry Test Group, both as a designer and a tester. Two of my testers are finished, and when they posted photos, I may have squealed and clapped my hands like a seal.

From the needles of MsKniterrific:


And on the other side of the globe, celia:


This was the 'problem child'. Not the tester, the size medium design. It was acting out in class, not eating it's vegetables, and disrespecting my authorit-ay (metaphorically speaking).


These gals rock my world. I still have one holdout, and she's been methodical in finding errors, which is excellent. They were all good sports about corrections and dealing with my crazy.

If seeing the finished product was validating, the process of working through concerns and errors was extremely informative (newsflash: not everyone thinks exactly like me or can read my mind). I know, right?

Lastly, courtesy of Dyeing to Knit, my latest entertainment fixation: Regretsy (warning: some of it is not entirely safe for work/little ones, but you can claim the ol' "but it's art" excuse if your boss looks over your shoulder). I've totally made things on the level of some of this stuff before, but at least I've never tried to sell it to anyone.

3 comments:

  1. Glad the testers have been working out. They're a fabulous group and I always find myself wishing I could send them all money or malabrigo or something!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the hat!!!!! Very interesting looking.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the look of the hat very cool.

    ReplyDelete